Ministry for Industry, Trade and Marketing
To have a sustainable, competitive and semi-industrialized economy.
To facilitate the development of sustainable industry and trade sectors through creation
of enabling environment and provision of improved services.
- Formulation, administration and review of policies and strategies for industrial and commercial development.
Creation of enabling environment for industrial and trade development.
Co-ordination and supervsion of parastatal sector restructuring through privatization and commercialization.
Post privatization monitoring and evaluation of Sales and Joint Venture Agreements.
Enterpreneurship Promotion and development.
- Promotion of environment friendly technologies.
Monitoring of industrial sector performance.
Promotion of international trade through bilateral, multilateral and regional co-operation.
To facilitate industrial and trade development through appropriate recommendations on the enabling legal framework.
Export and import management.
To perform managerial and administrative functions relating to the sector.
Preparation and co-ordination of recurrent and development budget for the sector including financial management and
accounting for Government and donor funds.
Planning, programming and mobilization of both internal and external resources for strategic industrial and trade projects.
Supervision of Agencies and firms performing regulatory roles with specific reference to industry and trade licensing, company
and business registration, weights and measures, quality and standardisation and competition policy.
Human resources development in specialized fields.
* Board of External Trade (BET)
* Centre for Agricultural Mechanisation and Rural Technology (CAMARTEC)
* Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS)
* Small Industries Development Organisation (SIDO)
* Tanzania Engineering and Manufacturing Design Organisation (TEMDO)
* Tanzania Industrial Research and Development Organisation (TIRDO)
* Fair Competition Commission (TPC)
* Weights and Measures Agency
The Ministry has two line divisions (Industry Division and Trade Division), two staff divisions (Policy, Planning and Parastatal Restructuring Division; and Administration and Personnel Division) and three staff units (Accounts Unit, Internal Audit Unit and Trade Practices Tribunal).
Also the Ministry has a Fair Trade Practices Commission, a Unit dealing with SADC matters; Business Registration and Licensing Agency(BRELA); and Weights & Measures Commission.
For more informatio visit the following website: http://www.tanzania.go.tz/industries.htm